In 2005, the South Australian Parliament amended the Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara Land Rights Act 1981.1
As part of these changes, Parliament decided that:
- the APY Executive Board needed to produce an annual report on its operations (for each financial year);
- these reports should include a copy of APY’s audited accounts,
- the South Australian Minister for Aboriginal Affairs and Reconciliation needed to receive the report by 31 December each year, and
- copies of the report should be available for Anangu at the APY Annual General Meeting.2
The first of these annual reports was produced for the financial year ending 30 June 2006.
Copies of that report and subsequent ones can be downloaded from this page:
- Annual Report for 2005-06 (file size: 0.9MB)
- Annual Report for 2006-07 (file size: 2.3MB)
- Annual Report for 2007-08 (file size: 3.6MB)
- Annual Report for 2008-09 (file size: 3.7MB)
- Annual Report for 2009-10 (file size: 1.4MB)
- Annual Report for 2010-11 (file size: 11.6MB)
- Annual Report for 2011-12 (file size: 2.3MB)
- The amendments came into effect on 27 October 2005 with the passing and commencement of the Pitjantjatjara Land Rights (Miscellaneous) Amendment Act 2005.
- See Section 13A(1) and 13A(5)a of the Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara Land Rights Act 1981.